Wits Danville, IL, is closed
pending further notice.
Please donate to help
support our cause!
COMMUNITY COMPUTER PROGRAMS
St. Louis, MO
several opportunities for receiving free computers and laptops from Wits: Senior Program, Youth Programs and Free-Computer Program (below).
All computers come with OS, Office Suite and Virus
Scan. These systems can also be purchased from Wits. We
also have other computers and laptops for sale. See our list of other computers and electronics For Sale.
Wits has a Free-Computer Program. Participants are asked to provide volunteer hours in exchange for their
computer. Recipients may also participate in the program to
upgrade their computer by volunteering at Collection Events. Go to our Monthly Recycling Locations for a schedule of our permanent monthly collection sites.
The Free-Computer Program Orientation date is set for the first Saturday of every
month (except holidays, then the second Saturday) at 10 am. Please call 314-382-6340 to sign up for the next orientation.
that not everyone who wants to participate in the program can provide hours. There are opportunities we can offer under those
circumstances that allow for a donation to your family. Please call Wits to find out more.
To participate in the Free-Computer Program we ask for 65 hours volunteer time for a PIV Class computer. Volunteer hours can be spread out over a period of days or weeks.
Types of tasks you can perform:
- Cleaning and moving materials from tech area to recycling facility next door.
- Help make phone calls to businesses and network contacts around the area.
- Additional projects that we also need assistance with include:
- Acting as a liaison with large businesses to help sponsor our programs for kids' education.
- Calling local groups and community centers for posting our internships or computer sales (includes high schools, youth
groups, senior centers, etc.).
- Basic remodeling/construction of our new building, including painting, sanding, plumbing, drywall, carpeting, wood work,
windows, washing, cleaning, landscaping, etc.
You may also
volunteer at one of our collection events by bringing 4 people with you and work the entire day helping unload cars. Or you may
bring 2 people with you and work two days.
To participate in the Free-Computer Program please call our volunteer office at 314-382-6340 to sign up for the next orientation.